Building Your First Website
COURSE UPDATES AND NEWS!
Hi, welcome to the course!
Website, also known as website, is a tool used to transmit information, advertise products, services and satisfying solutions for individuals and businesses. Nowadays, the use of websites is becoming more and more popular. Knowledge of websites and skills to build and use basic websites have become mandatory requirements for all programmers.
The Build Your First Website course directs learners to understand basic website knowledge and can create their own websites or participate in projects to build website interfaces.
This course provides the essential knowledge and skills so that learners can master the process of creating a website and apply it. Websites can introduce products and information that learners need to convey. Knowledge in this subject is also a prerequisite for learners to continue to participate in specialized courses on web programming.
- Those who are familiarizing with programming at the most basic level, want to add knowledge and foundation skills for in-depth programming learning or have the desire to become a programmer
- Those who want to design a website, self-administer a website and perform basic optimization operations, and make a profit for their individual or organization.
After completing this course, students will have the knowledge and skills as follows:
- Explain HTML, Hypertext, Markup terms
- Install HTML development tools
- List popular browsers
- Describe the HTML page structure, the difference of HTML5
- Create HTML page with head, title, meta, body, note, space, carriage return tags
- Distinguish between elements and attributes
- Explain the meaning and list some Semantic tags in HTML5
- Create HTML pages with text, lists, images, links, tables
- List the meaning of using CSS in the website, 3 ways to include CSS in the website
- Describe the structure of the statement and indicate the priority when applying multiple CSS
- Write CSS statement syntax correctly, illustrate CSS selectors in a specific HTML page, perform combinations of CSS selectors
- List common attributes, size units, and color representations
- Describe the structure of the Box model
- Apply CSS to link tags, images, listing tags, background images, tables and menus
- Perform declaration, value assignment, copy value, perform arithmetic operations, increase and decrease values, extended assignment
- Illustrate by code some basic functions, make function calls, pass parameters
- Build objects and use objects with operations: initialize, access, assign/change property values, methods
- Illustrate conditional statements, ternary operators, branching statements
- Create a form tag with input, button, select, textarea, etc.
- Point out the benefits of Responsive Design
- Use Media query to create simple Responsive Design
- Describe the grid system in Bootstrap
- Use containers, perform row and column division, use some popular classes in Bootstrap
- Apply to identify project requirements, build specific projects
The course will have 4 modules, including 15 lessons. For each lesson, students have to attentively watch lecture videos, carefully read materials and complete quizzes. After each module, students will be asked to do lab work, assignment and discuss directly with Mentors. At the end of each module, there will be an assignment designed as a miniature real-life project, helping students get acquainted with real-life projects as well as systematize their knowledge.
During the study period (expected to be 6 weeks), time allocation is very important. If you have any questions, please connect with mentors for answers.
- This course provides you with the most commonly used knowledge and skills and is a must-know for any programmer to build a website.
- After this course, students have the knowledge and skills to continue studying subjects in specialized groups of web programming such as: Database Programming: SQL, JDBC, Programming languages (web back-end): C#, Java, ORM Framework: Hibernate, Entity Framework, Web Back-end building technologies: JSP/Servlet, ASP.NET MVC, Spring Framework
- The exercises are designed based on the actual experiences of the instructors.
Course development team
COURSE DESIGNER: Trinh Ba Tu
- Qualification: Information Technology Engineer (First Class Honors) and valedictorian - Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), Bachelor of Mathematics Education from Hong Duc University
- Occupation: Lecturer and IT Engineer
- Workplace: Internal lecturer at FPT Software Academy, under FPT Software Co., Ltd.
- 10 years in the field of software development for large global customers and IT training
- Master programming tools: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, SQL Server Management Studio, GIT, SVN, Visio, etc.
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Specialist, Project Manager E-business (PME), Project Management Fundamental (PMF).
- Favorite Lecturer of the Year 2018, 2019, 2020
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tutbfsoft
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tutb/
COURSE REVIEWER: Trinh Thi Van Anh
- Qualification: Master of Information Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Occupation: Lecturer
- Working place: Department of Software Engineering, Faculty of IT1, Academy of Posts and Telecommunications Technology
- Experience: Taught at FPT Aptech Hanoi, was a project member for France Telecom - Orange (in 2008 lab in Beijing), taught at FPT university, information technology specialist for Viet Long Joint Stock Company.
The purpose of FUNiX Way learning programs is that learners are confident and proficient in the digital environment, can earn income with the profession they study or use what they have learned to do better than their current job, motivated and capable of upskilling, can work as a professional project member and become a responsible member in the professional community.
This MOOC course is offered on the Coursera and Freecodecamp platforms. These are platforms that provide open mass online courses that are highly appreciated among current MOOC platforms in the world.
FUNiX is ready to receive and discuss all comments and feedback related to learning materials via email email@example.com