Welcome you all to the course Academic Writing, which is the course for English at advanced level (equivalent to C1 level according to CEFR - Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
The skills taught in this Specialization will empower you to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. You’ll learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express your ideas clearly in an academic format. In the final Capstone Project, all the knowledge that you’ve gained over the span of these courses will culminate into an academic research paper on an issue of your choice.
✔ For those who want to get a university and college degree
✔ For beginner students who want to learn and improve their English level
After finishing this course, learners can:
- Identify the correct verb tenses to use
- Use commas effectively
- Utilize several different sentence types
- Write more effectively in English
- Create effective thesis statements for your essays
- Plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays
- Write well-developed body paragraphs
- Plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay
- Identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it
- Read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic
- Make connections between several articles
- Form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay
- Choose appropriate research topics for college classes
- Write detailed outlines for research papers
- Find source material for research papers - take and organize good notes for research
- Use appropriate academic tone and language
- Document sources by creating a Works Cited list in MLA format
- Avoid plagiarizing your sources
|Course name:||Academic Writing|
LEARNING EXPERIENCE :
This course will have 4 modules with 17 lessons, focusing on academic writing skills.
Each lesson will have one or several videos and links to be thoroughly studied, after that, you have to complete a quiz. After each module, you will be asked to do the progress tests and assignments.
During the study process (6 weeks), the allocation of study is very important. If you have any questions, please connect with the mentors for support.
- This course is designed for learners with a good basic ability or who can improve a lot in all areas with an equivalence to C1 level according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
The purpose of FUNiX Way learning method is that learners are confident and proficient in the digital environment, can make money with their career or use what they have learned to do better at their current job. Learners are motivated and able to improve their skills, able to work as a professional project member and join a professional community as a responsible member.