Welcome to the course "Database Design and Implmentation"
Thank you for signing up for our Database Design and Implemetation Course. We hope that you explore and acquire plenty knowledge during the course.
Why should I take this course?
The term "building a System" is usually refered to the use of a programming language/ technology to write code. Howerver, that is not really adequate. Storing data to support Input/Output of specific algorithms, such as report exporting algorithms, is the last but not least. Your enormous calculation will become worthless if the result “evaporates” after execution.
To put it in a nutshell, if a program is considered as a data processor, database is the storage. Evidently, both of them are equally important.
What is in this course?
In application programming, an executable code is not good enough. A great code should have a good design, which has abundant consequent advantages. Database programming is not an exception; a well-designed database helps the system work smoothly. To achieve that, this course is designed to equip you from fundamental theory to advanced setup of a database.
Let’s get ready and explore the course with our mentors!
Database Design and Implementation
- Be able to design a database.
- Be able to setup a database using DBMS.
- Efficiently use SQL queries
- Be able to self-study other advanced techniques of specific DBMS.
- Theoretical basis : Understand the concepts of database and DBMS. Know relational theory to figure out the principles to build a relational database.
- Analysis and design: Be able to analyze user requirements, use technical model language to convert users' complicating requirements to technical model, which is familiar to system implementation engineer.
- Database setup: Deploy initialization and data manipulation. Be able to write queries to search data. Focus on understanding database structure.
- Database programming: Work with some specific objects of database. Focus on skills to work with database.
Ngô Tùng Sơn
- Graduated in Computer Science from Lorraine University (France).
- Previously worked at the laboratory at Lorraine University and Panasonic Vietnam.
- Currently, Ngo Tung Son is a lecturer of FPT- Greenwich international bachelor program of FPT University.
- A co-founder and technical Manager of Hung Vuong Trading Technology Joint-stock Company (hvtec.vn).
- Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/NgoTungSon
Below is the list of all free massive open online learning sources (MOOC) used for this course by FUNiX: askadba, kudvenkat, LinkedIn Learning Solutions, SQL with Manoj, Stanford Dbclass, Techtud, William King, WiseOwlTutorials, CodeCowboyOrg, channel5567, Dr. Daniel Soper, Stanford University.
All open learning sources used in FUNiX training program are public, constantly updated and freely used. FUNiX is always willing to receive and discuss any comments, suggestions and responses related to our learning sources via email firstname.lastname@example.org.