ABOUT THIS COURSE
Welcome all of you to this course!
Welcome you all to "Introduction to Computer Science", a course considered the very first step into the vast world of IT and many other interesting things in technology.
This course will cover most aspects of the field of software engineering - the one you began with. Each lesson and each part of this course will correspond to one or more upcoming courses where you will thoroughly and deeply look into the issues mentioned in the course. Therefore, the course will undoubtedly pave the way to entering the industry of information technology in general and the field of software engineering in particular.
May all learners pass this course with flying colors!
- Learners aiming for Bachelor Degree.
- Individuals who wish to obtain fundamental knowledge and skills in computer science such as computer networks, architecture of computers, operating systems, database, etc., and other matters related to software project management, programming languages and code of ethics in ICT field.
- Those who are passionate about information technology, with or without experience in information technology.
After accomplishing this course, learners will have obtained knowledge and skills as follows:
1. Explain the differences between input, output and storage devices in a computer system
2. Explain definitions and roles of basic components in a computer system
3. Present definitions and roles of computer hardware's components
4. Explain the similarities and differences between data and information
5. Explain an application of information technology and network in creating personal web pages
6. Explain a computer network structure
7. Explain definitions and functions of different computer network types
8. Present Internet concept and its role
9. Present method of exchanging information among computers in a network
10. Present IP definition
11. Present some malwares on computers
12. Present some security tools
13. Use and classify some common computer software
14. Present the role of operating systems in administrating applications on computers
15. Present families of operating systems in computer systems
16. Present software copyright definition and issues on using public domain software
17. Explain the differences between computer languages and high-level programming languages
18. Fix common syntax errors in programming
20. Explain digital image structure and RGB definition
21. Present digital image structure
22. Download digital images and perform actions on pixels
23. Use for loop and expression in programming to perform actions on pixels in digital images
24. Perform such actions on tables as filtering, statistics and basic data search
25. Present data organization in a database management system
26. Present usage of some operations on a database management system
27. Present the process of software project development
28. Present computer security issues, code of ethics and user privacy
29. Present the role of legal regulations and enterprise's code of conduct in ICT
The course consists of 4 modules with 14 lessons, each with one or more videos and reading materials for learners to carefully examine, and a quiz section. There is one assignment at the end of each module, resembling a mini practical project. The aim of these assignments is to help learners familiarize themselves to projects in real life and get a good grasp of the knowledge obtained throughout this course.
Time allocation is of utmost importance regarding the estimated duration of this course (06 weeks). Should there be any question, connect to mentors for answers.
- This course is in Certificate 1. This certificate aims to prepare learners with fundamental knowledge and skills in computers and computer programming.
- This course provides crucial knowledge in the field of information technology, the most important industry in this era. Through this course, learners can decide whether or not they are suitable for this field.
COURSE DESIGNER AND REVIEWER
COURSE DESIGNER: Dao Trong Duy, MA.
- Qualification: MA in Computer Science at Military Technical Academy.
- Occupation: Lecturer
- Work place: Department of Computer Fundamentals - FPT University
- Over 2 years in developing open source code software for Japanese market.
- Head of Training Department at FIA.
- Over 7 years in teaching and training management at FPT University, FPT Greenwich and FIA.
- Java Courses Leader at FPT University.
COURSE REVIEWER: Quach Luyl Da, MA.
- Qualification: Postgraduate at Ho Chi Minh City University of Science.
- Occupation: Lecturer
- Work place: Department of IT at FPT University
- 10 years in teaching IT at universities.
- Partook in the development of software at ministry level.
- Partook in the publication of scientific research related to AI, computer vision, etc.
FUNiX Way believes that the program aims to help learners become more confident and proficient in digital environment, thus able to generate income from the field they chose to study. Learners may also improve their work performance with the skills and knowledge obtained in this program. Furthermore, they may even become participants of specialized projects and join the IT community as responsible members.
Regarding Introduction to Computer Science, we proudly present learners with the major MOOCs resources, namely Information Technology Foundations and Computer Science 101, provided by Western Governors University and StandfordOnline.
Learning resources are recommended below. It should be noted that listing these learning sources does not necessarily imply that FUNiX has an official partnership with the source’s owner: Basics on computer science, Computer hardware and Programming languages
FUNiX always welcomes any comment and feedback related to learning materials via email email@example.com