ABOUT THE COURSE!
In this Blockchain Platforms course, the forth course of the Blockchain specialization provides learners with an understanding of the broader blockchain ecosystem. Learners are introduced to other blockchain platforms, details of two decentralized application use cases, and challenges such as privacy and scalability. They are prepared to discuss permissioned blockchain architectures of Hyperledger and Microsoft Azure's blockchain as a service model and analyze the Augur and Grid+ decentralized application platforms. Course material includes emerging alternative decentralization models such as IPFS and Hashgraph, challenges in broader blockchain adoption, and continuous improvement solutions.
You will explore two case studies of Akachain and Tomochain, they are typical blockchain platforms providing very practical and suitable solutions to market.
Main concepts are delivered through videos, demos and hands-on exercises.
- Course name: Blockchain Platforms
- Course credits: 1 (15 academic hours)
- Time allocation: 2 weeks. Student should allocate at average of 2 hours/a day to complete the course.
- Explore two permissioned blockchain platforms: Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Fabric và Microsoft Azure’s Blockchain as a Service
- Explore two Dapp platforms: Augur and Grid+
- Explore some key challenges and solutions with the process of developing the blockchain platform
- Explore two other decentralized solutions: Interplanetary File System (IPFS) and Hashgraph
- Explore two blockchain solutions: Akachain and Tomochain
Module 1: Permissioned Blockchains
- Lesson 1: Hyperledger
- Lesson 2: Fabric Services
- Lesson 3: Fabric Model & Functions
- Lesson 4: Composer
- Lesson 5: Microsoft Azure
Module 2: Decentralized Applications Platforms
- Lesson 6: Augur
- Lesson 7: Grid+
Module 3: Challenges & Solutionss
- Lesson 8: Consensus
- Lesson 9: Scalability
- Lesson 10: Privacy & Confidentialityy
- Lesson 11: Escrow & Multi-sig
Module 4: Alternative Decentralized Solutions
- Lesson 12: Interplanetary File Systems (IPFS)
- Lesson 13: Hashgraph
- Lesson 14: Blockchain: Social Imperative
Module 5: Case studies: Akachain and Tomochain
- Lesson 15: An introduction to Akachain
- Lesson 16: An introduction to Tomochainh
To attain best result from the course, before enrollment, students should prepare knowledge and skills on:
- One of high-level programming language like Java, Python...)
- Object-oriented design and programming
Vu Hong Viet
- More than 20 years working in software and solution development (company: CSC, FPT)
- Speciallist in Intelligent Transportation Systems domain
- FPT’s Technology Specialist
- Profile online: https://fb.me/vuh0ngviet
Nguyen Duc Minh Quan
- FPT Information System – Solution Manager.
- 10 years working in software and solution development.
- 7 years R&D and deploy Intelligent Transportation Systems sulution, smart city solution
- Regular Speaker in Vietnam Web Submit, Vietnam Mobile Day, FPT Tech Day, …
- Profile online: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ducminhquan/
Assoc. Prof., Ph.D. Truong Anh Hoang
- Blockchain Lab Lead, UET, VNU Hanoi
- Associate Professor, VNU University of Engineering and Technology since 2007
- Ph.D dissertation defended in University of Bergen, Norway in 2006, after four years of study about type systems for abstract component languages
- Profile online: https://uet.vnu.edu.vn/~hoangta/
- Blockchain Lab Lead, Lecturer at Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT)
- Vice President, FINTEC CLUB/Vietnamese Banking Association
- Lead of Sub-Committee for National IT Standard SC35
- Vietkey Application Creator
- More than 30 years of experiences in software development and information security
- Online Profile: https://www.facebook.com/tuanvietkey
M.S. Nguyen Anh Tu - Program Reviewer
- Tomochain Lead Engineer § Seasoned engineer working in Blockchain and Cloud Computing.
- Authorized Developer of Apache Software Foundation, Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- Lead engineer of multiple cloud computing open-source softwares (kubeless, kubeapps, kompose, kubewatch).
- Master degree in Distributed Systems, Switzerland.
- Online profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngtuna/
Below is the list of all free massive open online learning sources (MOOC) used for this course by FUNiX: Blockchain Platforms of the Blockchain Specialization offered by University At Buffalo and The State University of New York.
This course also uses studying materials from Akachain and Tomochain.
All open learning sources used in FUNiX training program are public, constantly updated and freely used. FUNiX is always willing to receive and discuss any comments, suggestions and responses related to our learning sources via email email@example.com.